Communication Breakdown: 3 Years Learning How To Walk And Talk

Originally Posted September 4th, 2012


Having just surpassed the 3 year anniversary of the first Bucket Of Rock blog post I ever wrote, I can’t help but marvel at the changes each year has brought.  Each year has been an exploration in honing my skills as a blogger and discovering how to really live up to my goal, to promote unique and sincere local bands and also bring in new influences from around the nation.  Year 3 was a biggy, we left the laptop for the barstool and dove right into the deep end of the music scene community, we hosted our first show ever and then 3 more over the summer, we hit our 700th YouTube video mark, and grew our Facebook fan base significantly.  Year 3 was about communicating with positive local efforts and getting out in the community and “walking the walk” of the Bucket Of Rock mantra.  It wasn’t always easy, but the support of local bands and music enthusiasts was to be found around every corner.  So without further ado, I want to give a BIG THANKS to everyone who participated in a Bucket Of Rock show and made this year awesome!
 
Bishops
Church St. Pub
Good Wolf
Guido’s Speakeasy
Heavy Lights
John R. Miller (The Fox Hunt/ Prison Book Club)
Lushfarm
Old Indian
Pale Barn Ghosts
Pet Clinic
Silent Old Mountains
That Cuban Place
The Record Exchange
The Rhinos   
 
We celebrated the culmination of year 3 with a huge party at Guido’s Speakeasy this past Saturday and I’m happy to say we went out on a good note!  Besides being an absolute blast for the bands and fans who packed Guido’s, it was truly a prototype for future Bucket Of Rock shows.  The show featured the new, the well known, the out of town, and diverse rock styles.  Heavy Lights, one of Frederick ’s newest bands to start performing at local venues got everyone in a good mood with a solid pop rock set.  Pet Clinic, our out of town guests fit well as the “something new, something different” puzzle piece in my master plan.  A little edgy, a little abrasive, Pet Clinic is a sound that you have to contemplate for a minute...Do I like it? What do I like about it? What are they doing? How does that work?  I think part of music and especially rock, is challenging yourself and your ears and so I was quite happy to share that experience with Frederick .  It was also cool to introduce Pet Clinic to our local artists like Old Indian who closed with a phenomenal sounding set and brought it all back home.  I was certainly feeling the love all around and even got my chance on the mic to give away some super gifts like $20 Record Exchange gift cards and gift certificates to That Cuban Place!  I don’t know when, but we’ll certainly do this again.
 
For now though, its time for me to curl up with a warm laptop and get back to bringing you the 411 on great local shows, bands, and new music!
 
BIG THANKS. BIG LOVE.
Bucket Blogger

No comments

Powered by Blogger.